Monday, June 06, 2005
BlogExplosion: My New Addiction
I have an addictive/obsessive personality. If I decide to do something, I figure that I should try to be very, very good at it. The problem is that this is not confined to non-harmful pursuits. When I smoked, I was up to 2 packs a day even when I saw what it was doing to my father. When I drank, I was drinking at least a 12 pack of beer a night during the worst period. I have to back off on certain things because I see almost everything as a challenge. I'm not sure where this comes from. Maybe from being a middle child. Anyway, I shudder to think what would happen if I really tried to play poker or blackjack. Recently, I stumbled on BlogExplosion (actually, I found it on The Daily Bitch's blog) and decided to sign up. What happens is, if you surf other sites on there you gain "credits" which will be used to direct people to your site. Now, for the past 3 days, I've done nothing but cruise these sites trying to up my credits. A warning to everyone: be sure to choose what TYPE of sites you want to view. I left the default settings on which include adult sites and ET walked into the office while one was showing. Just a little embarrassing. Not that I was all to quick to change the site, but whatever. Besides, you have to leave each site up for 30 seconds to gain the credit. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. I've even developed a banner (with ET's help) at AdDesigner for when I have enough credits to have my banner appear on the site. This is the problem with my personality. What started out as a fun thing to do, blogging, has dominated days. Still, Blog Explosion is fun to use if you have the time. And if you have a really freaky personality like mine, be prepared to stay awhile.
posted by Lavaughn Towell @ 2:09 AM | 5 comments

5 Comments:
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Wes said...

I swear there will be MethaBlog clinics popping up everywhere before you know it.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

This is why I'm not going to go to the site. Just one more thing to push back me reading important books.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger ET said...

Hey! Someone out there is reading books! (You do know that Jackie Collins and Danielle Steele are not considered "important," right? Apparently they are choice reading on Jessica Simpson's camping trips...blech!)

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I've actually never read a book by Jackie Collins or Danielle Steele. I'm stuck in chick lit mode for the moment. Actually, I do one chick lit, one children's book (usually a Newberry Winner), and then one political, political-like, or non-fiction book Usually ones my daddy wants me to read.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger ET said...

Speaking of books people want you to read, that reminds me...LT and I ran into my broker over the weekend at Barnes & Noble (see, no "s" on the end of Noble) and I just remembered that I STILL have not read the book he recommended to me two years ago. Oops! Now where did I put that thing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Thomas Neill Cream
Thomas Griffiths Wainewright
Frederick Deeming
The Bravo Case
Madeleine Smith
Constance Kent
William Palmer
My Ripper Inventory
JTRForums.com
Ripper Notes
Ripperologist
Hollywood Ripper
Jack the Ripper Forum
Archives: Jack the Ripper
The Whitechapel Society
Largest German Jack the Ripper Site
The Victorian Web
Victorian Dictionary
Victoria Research Web

The Final Solution by Walter Harmidarow
Powered by Blogger
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.0 License