Thursday, June 02, 2005
Along the lines of Rachel's post about phone calls is one I received on Tuesday. I had just counseled a man who had taken an assessment test at my work. When I asked him if he wanted to add any classes for the Fall, he said, "No, I'm good."

A few minutes later, I got a call from Registration:
R: I have a man here who is trying to get into Comp and said he talked to you.
Me: Yes, I remember. He didn't take the test for Comp. He took another one.
R: He says he thought that the test he took would get him into Comp.
Me: It won't. And I asked him if he was going to take any classes for the fall and he said no. So no one up here told him to take the test for Comp because he said he wasn't taking anything.
R: Well, now he wants to take Comp. What does he need to do?
Me: He needs to take the test for it.
R: Another test?
Me: Yes.
R: (laughter) Oh, no. He's not going to like that.
Me: Well, I'm sorry, but if he had said he wanted to take any class I would have made sure he had everything he needed to do it.
R: Well, he doesn't really know what's going on.
Me: (A little taken aback, but agreeing) I got that impression. (Then, for some reason I added) He doesn't seem to really know what he's doing at all.
R: (laughter again) He doesn't. The only reason he's going is that I'm making him. I'm his wife.
posted by Lavaughn Towell @ 10:39 AM | 2 comments

2 Comments:
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Classic Rachel moment right there!

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger ET said...

Heh heh. This is what British people are always afraid of...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Thomas Neill Cream
Thomas Griffiths Wainewright
Frederick Deeming
The Bravo Case
Madeleine Smith
Constance Kent
William Palmer
My Ripper Inventory
JTRForums.com
Ripper Notes
Ripperologist
Hollywood Ripper
Jack the Ripper Forum
Archives: Jack the Ripper
The Whitechapel Society
Largest German Jack the Ripper Site
The Victorian Web
Victorian Dictionary
Victoria Research Web

The Final Solution by Walter Harmidarow
Powered by Blogger
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.0 License