Friday, June 17, 2005
Cool News
I bought a book today off EBay. It was London Correspondence: Jack the Ripper and the Irish Press. Little did I know that I was buying it from the author Alan Sharp! Actually, it's through the company Ash Press. Anyway, I'm getting my very own signed copy from a Ripper author. Ahhh. What a good day. Be sure to check out the link to his site for his book and more Ripper merchandise through Amazon, as well as information on the Ripper including a timeline and other Victorian murders. I'm looking into the general idea of examining contemporary Victorian fiction for allusions to Jack, instead of just starting with Lowndes' The Lodger as most do. Also, contemporary newspapers give a good flavor for where public sentiment stood regarding Jack the Ripper, so Mr. Sharp's book will prove invaluable. It's been a good week. Getting in touch with Dr. Winn who is a Jack the Ripper buff and getting a signed book on Saucy Jack. Excuse me while I gloat.
posted by Lavaughn Towell @ 11:28 PM | 2 comments

2 Comments:
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Yay you! I got a raise yesterday, does that count for cool?

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What did you think of Patricia Cornwell's book on Jack?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Thomas Neill Cream
Thomas Griffiths Wainewright
Frederick Deeming
The Bravo Case
Madeleine Smith
Constance Kent
William Palmer
My Ripper Inventory
JTRForums.com
Ripper Notes
Ripperologist
Hollywood Ripper
Jack the Ripper Forum
Archives: Jack the Ripper
The Whitechapel Society
Largest German Jack the Ripper Site
The Victorian Web
Victorian Dictionary
Victoria Research Web

The Final Solution by Walter Harmidarow
Powered by Blogger
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.0 License