Monday, April 11, 2005
Taxes

Rachel said...
I'm not particularly disputing the tax issue here, but I honestly don't believe Oklahoma has a high tax rate, do we?



"Oklahoma's sales tax burden is the 17th largest in the nation."From the IRS website. This from a state that ranks 46th in education.

"State taxes in Oklahoma are $1,738 per capita, ranking the state about average compared with state taxes for the country as a whole." Americans for Prosperity

"Oklahoma's individual income-tax rates are high and progressive compared with the rest of the country." Americans For Prosperity

I could post more, but you get the idea. I will say that when I was single, I did seem to pay less taxes into Oklahoma. Maybe that's the perception you're coming from.
posted by Lavaughn Towell @ 10:52 AM | 4 comments

4 Comments:
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I think my perception is also thrown off by the fact that the standard of living is cheaper here. Which really doesn't make sense in all, but somehow it does to me. :)

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger ET said...

Sure your taxes are lower when you are single...you only pay taxes for ONE person. But hey...we need all these taxes, right? So we can keep tearing up the damn roads and moving the little orange barrels all over frickin town. It's imperative that we pay very high taxes to prevent us from actually DRIVING anywhere within a reasonable period of time. Because gas prices are so cheap, we can just drive forever. No wait, they jacked those up too. Well, we can't afford to run the A/C AND let the car idle while we're stuck in the latest traffic jam due to road construction because of high gas prices, so let's put the windows down and open the sunroof...wait, Oklahoma is THE leader in allergens and we're all sick as dogs due to tree pollen and all the other crap. Oh fuck it. Come on LT, let's move.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I finally have a car with a sunroof in it! Allergies don't bother me (I don't think) but I'm right there with you on the moving part. Could you now kindly convince my mommy and daddy of the same?

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger ET said...

Rachel...you can move without mommy and daddy. And UNTIL you can, you REALLY shouldn't get married! (see other post on your page)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Thomas Neill Cream
Thomas Griffiths Wainewright
Frederick Deeming
The Bravo Case
Madeleine Smith
Constance Kent
William Palmer
My Ripper Inventory
JTRForums.com
Ripper Notes
Ripperologist
Hollywood Ripper
Jack the Ripper Forum
Archives: Jack the Ripper
The Whitechapel Society
Largest German Jack the Ripper Site
The Victorian Web
Victorian Dictionary
Victoria Research Web

The Final Solution by Walter Harmidarow
Powered by Blogger
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.0 License