Saturday, March 26, 2005
Texas Hold 'Em
I'm going to play Texas Hold 'Em for the first time tonight with some of my fellow grad students. It's amazing to me that this "sport" has taken off like it has to the point that it's aired on television. I thought pool on television was bad. This must be a fun thing to do, but to watch others do it? Don't get it.

I'm studiously avoiding doing a paper that's due next week. Actually, there are two due at different times next week. Bad student, bad.

Interesting thing that ET says in her comments. Jack the Ripper could have been a woman. Even Conan Doyle posited that. Actually, he said that maybe the killer dressed as a woman to avoid suspicion. Myself, I tend to agree with Donald Rumbelow. He wrote in his Casebook of Jack the Ripper that when we all get to Heaven and everyone interested in the case is standing around, God will tell Jack the Ripper to come forward. This guy will step forward and everyone will say, "Who?"
posted by Lavaughn Towell @ 6:22 PM | 4 comments

4 Comments:
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I've always found amusing the fact that there are others that want to watch golf on tv. My ex-next door neighbor used to, I swear, watch the live feed from some NASA channel that showed the earth. Granted, I never saw him sober or not high, but still...

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must enter my objection to your new page format. I don't want to hear excuses about not being able to add links in text (particularly since I don't SEE any links in your text anyway), the new page is SO not "Jack the Ripper" friendly. And did I mention that links in text are the equivalent of recurring footnote-at-the-bottom-of-the-page references? I think I did. ANNOYING!

Jack the Ripper (the woman) would NOT have approved.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Lavaughn Towell said...

If anyone can find a free template closely resembling my original one with links attached, I will gladly change it. Or one that is somehow writing-based, looking like a sheet of paper, containing a pen, etc. I've seen a couple that I'm not too impresses with. So sorry, but for now, the template stays.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

You COULD just go in and edit the font & background colors, size, etc. and that would make things hella better. I did that with my site. It started out looking much diffrent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Thomas Neill Cream
Thomas Griffiths Wainewright
Frederick Deeming
The Bravo Case
Madeleine Smith
Constance Kent
William Palmer
My Ripper Inventory
JTRForums.com
Ripper Notes
Ripperologist
Hollywood Ripper
Jack the Ripper Forum
Archives: Jack the Ripper
The Whitechapel Society
Largest German Jack the Ripper Site
The Victorian Web
Victorian Dictionary
Victoria Research Web

The Final Solution by Walter Harmidarow
Powered by Blogger
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.0 License