Monday, April 04, 2005
Monday
Below are two pictures, one representing the area where Jack the Ripper, um, worked and the other a contemporary newspaper cartoon of the case.

I finished a ten-page research paper from scratch yesterday, spending about 5 hours at the library. Pretty good.

My students are getting better about turning in work and showing up to class. Panic must be setting in finally. I'll be glad for some time off this summer.

Why doesn't anyone sell a good sub kind of sandwich through a drive-thru? I don't mean Subway-type of stuff. I mean a good hearty sub sandwich. I'm sick of McD's, Burger King, et al and I would rather eat something at least a little healthier. Wendy's now has fruit bowls but I hesitate about going there now. I don't want to point the finger at any one particular instance, and I can't put my finger on any one thing that bothers me about Wendy's, and I'm sure that they work their fingers to the bone to put forward the very best product, but I'm not sure that they really have their finger on the pulse of society.
posted by Lavaughn Towell @ 2:11 PM | 3 comments

3 Comments:
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

No one sells a "good sub kind of sandwich" via drive-thru because sub sandwiches suck! If you're going to go out to eat, splurge! Get that 5000 calorie burger and shake. And just eat out like once every two weeks. Or: read Fast Food Nation and serioulsy consider becoming vegetarian (despite the fact that the girl likes her meat) after reading how meatpacking plants operate. Then, realize that all of the food prepared at home probably has the same ickyness about it, regardless of meat content. Finally, as a result of the food eaten anywhere being gross, starve yourself. It's working for me! Though I might have a cardiac arrest and go into a vegetative state from not eating...hmm :)

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Lavaughn Towell said...

Yeah, it's true that most of them suck. I just remember being able to eat a sandwich in the afternoon growing up and being healthy and not doing all this drive-thru bullshit that's probably killing me. Part of it is not having enough time to go home and make a sandwich or any fast alternative that isn't loaded down with crap. As for starving myself, it would take about 6 months of not eating to get me down to my high school weight. And I'm already in a persistent vegetative state. I'm afraid to watch Super Size Me just because I like McD's fries. But their burgers taste like masking tape.

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finger == hoax. It's safe to go to Wendy's again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Thomas Neill Cream
Thomas Griffiths Wainewright
Frederick Deeming
The Bravo Case
Madeleine Smith
Constance Kent
William Palmer
My Ripper Inventory
JTRForums.com
Ripper Notes
Ripperologist
Hollywood Ripper
Jack the Ripper Forum
Archives: Jack the Ripper
The Whitechapel Society
Largest German Jack the Ripper Site
The Victorian Web
Victorian Dictionary
Victoria Research Web

The Final Solution by Walter Harmidarow
Powered by Blogger
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.0 License