Tuesday, December 26, 2006
I'm Back!!!!!!!!
Well, it's been over a year, but I've been getting the itch to write some new things and work out some issues about the Victorian Era and Jacky. A lot of press has revolved around the Ipswich killings and brought the Ripper back to the forefront of British and, to some extent, American press. Also, the past year brought a couple of books exploring the Ripperology phenomenon and its place in society. Seemed a precipitious time to begin anew.

One caveat, however: this won't be just about Jack, as I believe I painted myself into a corner with the title. I like it however, so it'll stay. Still, there will be posts about my everyday life and my countdown to graduation.

That's the other thing: I've passed my comprehensive exams, my language exam and my prospectus portions of my Ph.D. program, so now all I have to do is write the dissertation. Easy peasy. :) As it involves Arthur Conan Doyle, he'll crop up quite a bit around here. So hopefully anyone reading this will follow as I look at the not-too-famous stories of ACD and what it's like to work on a Ph.D. dissertation, with the following stipulation: I'm trying to get done in a year. Everyone says it's impossible. We'll see...

Labels: ,

posted by Lavaughn Towell @ 11:37 PM | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Thomas Neill Cream
Thomas Griffiths Wainewright
Frederick Deeming
The Bravo Case
Madeleine Smith
Constance Kent
William Palmer
My Ripper Inventory
JTRForums.com
Ripper Notes
Ripperologist
Hollywood Ripper
Jack the Ripper Forum
Archives: Jack the Ripper
The Whitechapel Society
Largest German Jack the Ripper Site
The Victorian Web
Victorian Dictionary
Victoria Research Web

The Final Solution by Walter Harmidarow
Powered by Blogger
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.0 License